Sunday, January 29, 2012

A New Year

Last night I went to retirement party for two of my previous co workers.  I have been retired from the Washington State Ferries now for 7 years and being invited and seeing some of my old cohorts was a hoot.  It's funny when you don't see someone for awhile, your recollection of them is 7 years younger.  Ahhhh the aging process, can be so cruel.

I was asked what I was doing these days and it reminded me that I hadn't been on my blog for awhile.  I have missed it.

I made a commitment to myself to make all the Christmas presents this year and with that came the stress.  I love creating and coming up with ideas on who was to get what, but I am a perfectionist at heart and with that I had to redo some things.  Next year I will start earlier.  I don't think I can correct the perfectionist in me.  I'm too old to want to change that.

I took a paper clay molding classes this last fall from Christy Meyers.  She has classes at www.rosesonmytable.ning.com website, if anyone is interested.  Anyway, the subject of the classes was Twinkling Eyes Santa Claus and Cindy Lou Who.  It was so much fun and I just love taking online classes as I can do them at my own pace.  I was up for hours making sure it was perfect.  HA!!



I found this great idea for picture holders in the magazine Somerset Home.  It is using old door knobs and it was a big hit with my family.  So easy to make and unique.


 Then I tried to paint a picture and put layers of resin on top.  Although this never was given as a present, (the perfectionist in me just couldn't do it), I learned alot.  I learned to not be so critical, that what I do is enough and it doesn't have to be perfect. 

1 comment:

  1. Yea my friend you posted on the blog. Love it as usual and don't you just love the Somerset Mag> I get so energized with it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete